So you want to buy Essential Oils
….and somebody told you to get a Premium Starter Kit, also affectionately called a PSK. NOW what do you do and just what IS a Premium Starter Kit anyway?
Well, first things first. The Premium Starter Kit is what comes with a Wholesale membership with Young Living. Simply put, it’s like a Costco Membership. Except wth Costco all you get when you become a Member is a card.
When you become a Member with Young Living, you get eleven full size (not samples) bottles of some of their most popular Essential Oils PLUS a choice between two diffusers. In the kit also comes 2 Ningxia red ( a very popular antioxidant wolfberry juice) travel packs, 10 amber vials to share your treasure with your friends and some sample oil packets too.
All this comes with a lifetime member discount of 24% off everything you purchase for the cost of $160.00! All you need to do to keep your membership is spend 50pv ($50) within the calendar year.
The Oils, you ask?
- Frankincense – What does this oil NOT do? While Lavender is often called the “swiss army knife” of essential oils, the name can easily also be applied to Frankincense. Used for everything from skin care to grounding in meditation, this one should be a staple in your personal arsenal and a must have in every home.
- Lemon – ah. Lemon. This Vitality oil can be consumed in water for a refreshing beverage or in tea both hot and iced. It ca be added to cakes and deserts calling for that crisp citrus flavor. Additionally, you can use this super oil as a degreaser or glass cleaner and let’s not forget that a little lemon in a garbage disposal makes the ‘stinky’ go away.
- Lavender– arguably the most beloved of all Essential Oils near and far. Not to mention versatile. Excellent for calming and relaxation. Perfect for skin care and soothing for just about everything.
- Peppermint – the answer for so many many things. The achy head. Those annoying things that pop up on our lips from time to time ( you know what I mean). For the sluggish feeling you get when it’s time to go to the gym and your head and your body are not in agreement. A little dab’ll do ya in some chocolate chip cookie batter or brownies or even to spice up your latte!
- Copaiba – A Young Living Exclusive that is found to be able to enhance the effect of each of the other oils. When layered over PanAway for example, those joint and muscles will thank you. Placed along the jawline by Moms of teething littles, this gem of an oil gets 5 out of 5 gold stars!
- RC – For Respiratory support, this oil is worth the cost of the kit alone. Use it before any cardio exercise or for those times when you just need a little extra support.
- DiGize – DiGize is a ‘stinky’ oil but oh so effective. Rub on the tummy when it’s just feeling a bit “off” or put a drop or two in some tea or water. Your digestive system will say “yes please’ and “thank you”.
- PanAway – Another Young Living exclusive sometimes prompting the purchase of a Premium Starter kit just for this baby. This was the one that made me a believer in all things Essential Oils. Joints and Muscles need the support and this one delivers.
- Thieves – Named after the legend of four thieves during the Bubonic Plague. It is said that, during that time, four thieves went from house to house to rob those who had succumbed to the illness. After the thieves were captured and tried for their acts of robbery, a judge offered leniency if they would share how they were able to be around those afflicted long and often enough to rob them but not be affected by the illness. It’s interesting to note here that, during this time of the plague striking Europe, physicians were seen wearing long black robes, wide brimmed hats, and masks that appeared to have a beak.
- The reason for doing this is that the masks were said to have contained a combination of herbs, spices, and essential oils that the physicians would breathe in order to keep themselves safe from those afflicted with the illness. Their long black robes were also said to be doused in a similar fragrant concoction and current research continues to build upon this theory. **(credit:hannasherbshop.com)** Needless to say, this oil is a HUGE benefit to the immune system in every way you can think of. From early ‘yuckies’ to full blown ‘ewww’, this is a must have in every home. And I haven’t even talked about the non oil versions of this botanical. Cleaners, toothpaste, laundry, you name it. SO. Much. This.
- Purification – As the name implies really. The prime ingredient in this blended oil is Citronella. Bugs HATE this oil. And odors just seem to ‘run away’ when Purification is around. From stinky gym shoes to kitchen smells, this is a go to in my home. Pair it with some lemon in the diffuser and just, be happy!
- And last but not least, Stress Away – need I say more? This precious ‘friend in a bottle’ needs no description beyond it’s name. Trust. Me. With a Proprietary blend of Vanilla and Lime along with other oils you will go to your happy place and dare the world to drag you out.
Well, there you have it. The Premium Starter Kit from Young Living. An ensemble of products worth over $300, available to you for $160. PLUS you get the ongoing support of the person introducing you to the oils and the support and education given from the many Facebook groups, Blogs, internet pages and reference guides available.
So, what now?
If you have come because someone sent you, please bless them and their family by using their member ID#. Go to www.youngliving.com/signup and choose Membership. Enter their ID# and follow the prompts.
If you are here and no one referred you, I would be honored to have you join the Essential Road Team by using my Member ID #3458035 in both the Enroller and Sponsor fields. Young Living will let me know you are here and I will take care of you and hold your hand as long as you need through the journey of a chemical and toxin free life!
Hope to see YOU on An Essential Road!
Begin your journey here!